Maintain Your Jewelry's Sparkle and Shine
Your sterling silver jewelry can last you a lifetime, but only if you care for it with proper love and attention. We are here to guide you in the right direction for preserving the luster and brilliance of your jewelry.
- Avoid using sprays such as perfume or hairspray, as well as putting lotion on while wearing your jewelry. The chemicals in these products can have a negative interaction with the jewelry’s metal and cause it to tarnish quicker. It is best to do these daily routines first and let fully dry. Putting your jewelry on should be the last thing you do in your daily beauty routine
- Take your jewelry off before swimming, showering and working out. Sweat, certain soaps and chlorine will quicken the tarnishing process on the metal.
- After you remove your jewelry each night, quickly wipe it down with a polishing cloth, cotton ball, or soft cotton towel to clean off any excess skin oil residue that it may have come in contact with. To avoid scratches, do not use synthetic material to clean your jewelry.
- Oxygen in the air will tarnish sterling silver. So the way you store your jewelry is also important.
- Store your jewelry with the clasps unhooked.
- Place in a low humidity area.
- Pieces should be stored separately. Never stack your jewelry.
- Store in a dry space; i.e. lined jewelry box or individual airtight bags.